The weather's been a bit kooky in nyc this week- from blizzard to sunny and 65 to now gloomy rain. When going into battle with the elements, what's a girl to wear? I looked to Spanish style guru, Gala Gonzalez and her blog of many outfits: http://am-lul.blogspot.com/. Her effortless hi-lo ensembles consisting of everything from Topshop to Hermes, have garnered the attention of many a fashion editor, designer and stylist.after studying some of her sartorial tendencies, I came up with a few shortcuts to achieve her casual cool lived-in looks.
1. when in doubt, add some plaid
2. pin-thin, mile-long legs never hurt no one
3. socks with heels, tights with shorts
4. this is a hard one for me, but... stick to neutrals, esp black and brown for handbags and shoes.
5. play with proportions- crop tops with full skirt or pants, oversized sweater with skinny pants or shorts.